Dark Chocolate + Orange is my all-time favorite flavour. I really wouldn’t mind having something with it for my breakfast every morning. Be it muffin, pancake, croissant, crepe, yum… yum…!
Being a single with no family in tow really gives me the freedom to do anything anytime, including baking a bloody muffin at late midnight. The problem only comes in after I finish baking. Who are gonna eat them? I’m not gonna feed myself fat with high count of diabetes! So usually my coworkers are my (happy) victims… and also the boyfriend!
If you’re looking for the warm, moist & crumbly muffin (it’s NOT a cupcake just yet, because the texture isn’t as soft), here’s the recipe:
Dark Chocolate Orange Muffin (yields 6 muffins)
- 140gr All-purpose flour
- 50gr sugar
- 3gr Baking Powder
- 1gr Baking Soda
- 1/2gr salt
- Zest of 1 big orange
- 90gr dark chocolate chips (I used Callebaut)
- 60gr butter
- 70gr orange juice (fresh or packed)
- 25ml vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp or melted chocolate
- Preheat oven at 200˚ Celcius
- Grease the muffin pan
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest
- Beat butter + orange juice + vanilla essence until they mix well
- Slowly beat in the egg into butter mixture
- Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture and stir well, but don’t overfold
- Drizzle in some melted chocolate and sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon them over onto your muffin pan, until they reach about 3/4 of each muffin hole.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Et voila!