So for my birthday this year, somebody brought me to Europe for 2 weeks. Turkey, Italy, Belgium and France. An eye-opener indeed of what life is like on the other side of the world and a chance to prove myself if Paris was like what I saw in movies. Is it really the most romantic place to be on earth? Hm… I don’t know. Maybe Brugges is much more a better place for romance. Is life in Europe is all that glamorous? Not really i suppose, but it’s truly a beautiful place. Waking up to rustic boulangerie just next to our apartment, walking hand in hand against the windy cold weather, cycling on the street amidst all the historical landmarks… ah… I’m one lucky girlfriend this year indeed. But in return I also brought home 10kg of baking chocolates from Belgium to bake him this cake. (sensed any lame excuse?)
And this gorgeous mudcake was made entirely out of those dark chocolates original from the chocolate heaven. For your indulgence …
Yes the chocolate ganache was thick. was about to say “too thick” but no chocolate coating is ever “too thick”, right?
Chocolate mudcake (with raspberry sugar)
- 1 cup butter
- 180gr dark chocolate
- 150ml water
- 220gr cake glour
- 30gr cocoa powder
- 480gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2tbsp oil
- 100ml milk
- Preheat oven at 160˚ Celcius and grease ur pan.
- Sift together flour + cocoa powder. Mix in the sugar.
- Melt butter, chocolate, and water in a pan.
- Whisk egg, oil and milk.
- Put the butter mixture into the egg mixture. And slowly whisk.
- Fold in the dry ingredient into the wet ingredient.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.