When speaking about Milo, what comes to mind first is always the vintage Milo tin that my granny used to hide from us when we’re young. I used to eat raw Milo using my bare hand straight from it. I always thought she wouldn’t know, now that i think about it again, that’s probably why she always hid it from me.
I also had another unforgettable encounter with Milo during my teenage years. My auntie taught me another precious way I so will not forget about eating Milo. Just take out a slice of bread, pour some cold condensed milk on it, and sprinkle Milo on top – as much as you want. And eat it. Oh my goodness! Biting into the soft and cold and crispy Milo goodness… ah… another fond memory
And probably this is my latest Milo encounter – Milo cookies! And I dare say it’s much more satisfying than Oreos. But that’s probably just me. This recipe is definitely a keeper, though for my next baking I will certainly add more butter.
So, do you have your own unforgettable Milo encounter? Do share!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 200gr Milo
- Preheat oven at 180˚ Celcius
- Cream butter + sugar until fluffy. Pour in vanilla essence + egg.
- Whisk flour + Milo together.
- Fold in dry ingredient into the wet mixture.
- Shape into balls or anyway you like.
- Pop into the oven for about 20 minutes
- Et voila! Very easy to make!