When speaking about Milo, what comes to mind first is always the vintage Milo tin that my granny used to hide from us when we’re young. I used to eat raw Milo using my bare hand straight from it. I always thought she wouldn’t know, now that i think about it again, that’s probably why she always hid it from me.
I also had another unforgettable encounter with Milo during my teenage years. My auntie taught me another precious way I so will not forget about eating Milo. Just take out a slice of bread, pour some cold condensed milk on it, and sprinkle Milo on top – as much as you want. And eat it. Oh my goodness! Biting into the soft and cold and crispy Milo goodness… ah… another fond memory🙂
And probably this is my latest Milo encounter – Milo cookies! And I dare say it’s much more satisfying than Oreos. But that’s probably just me. This recipe is definitely a keeper, though for my next baking I will certainly add more butter.
So, do you have your own unforgettable Milo encounter? Do share!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 200gr Milo
- Preheat oven at 180˚ Celcius
- Cream butter + sugar until fluffy. Pour in vanilla essence + egg.
- Whisk flour + Milo together.
- Fold in dry ingredient into the wet mixture.
- Shape into balls or anyway you like.
- Pop into the oven for about 20 minutes
- Et voila! Very easy to make!