Before, I didn’t know what could make shortbread cookies so good and so addictive. And trust me, you don’t really want to know either. But if you insist, scrolling down right to the recipe will help you find the answer.
On a lighter note, I made my shortbread cookies even more sinful, by adding milk chocolate chips and bacon. Full of indulgence for sure. Yet to make it feel less sinful for me to eat it, I have it for breakfast instead of in-between snackies. Because we need sugar and more calories to burn for activities, yes?
Don’t trust me, don’t trust me…
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1cup cornstarch (don’t second guess this. I adapted from the recipe here and all turned out well)
- 2cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 lb butter in room temperature (this, my friend, is the key of the sin)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2tbsp of bacon bits
- Preheat oven at 170˚ Celcius
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt
- Using hands, mix all the dry ingredients with the diced butter until it becomes sandy – and not doughlike.
- Pour all the sandy mixtures into the pan and press them into an even mass.
- Prick the top slightly with fork to let the steam come out
- Spread the chocolate chips & bacon
- Bake at 170˚ for 15 minutes and then 150˚ for 1 hour or until it becomes golden brown
- Cool it down before you cut it according to your choice of size.
- Et voila!