My whole family loves mocha flavour. When I still lived in Indonesia, I remember that every year for everyone’s birthday we always ordered a huge mocha birthday cake from this well-known shop called Tip Top, a classic Dutch-influenced restaurant that’s apparently very well taken care of. My mom also just sent me a picture of my dad’s birthday cake yesterday, and guess what? It’s the same birthday cake we used to have together! And then pictures of my memory lane started to play in my brain. 😦
This is my old classic recipe that’s apparently a rocker. I am so happy because after my blog was officially announced amongst close friends, I received 4 orders for this flavour cupcake alone last week. It’s beyond my expectation! 🙂 So I guess it’s just about time for me to post about this on my blog as well.
Mocha Cupcake with Mocha Buttercream Frosting (yield 6 cupcakes)
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 30gr cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coffee milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50gr butter
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1 small egg
- Preheat oven at 350˚ F
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baing soda)
- Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy and slowly pour in the milk
- Mix the coffee milk with vanilla extract
- Fold the dry mixture into the butter mixture alternatively with the coffee milk mixture. Start and end with the dry mixture.
- Pour in the cupcake mold and pop them into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp coffee powder